If youre tired of making the same New Years resolutions every January (and breaking them all by February), then this is the list for you. Not only are these five resolutions easy to keep, they can substantially improve your financial situation – not to mention your health!
- Spend less than you make. Think about it: You cant save money if you spend more than you earn. Spending less than you make on a consistent basis is the key to financial fitness and stability. So long as youre outspending your income, you can forget about increasing your savings, making investments, or reducing your debt. Not only will living within your means give you more options, it will give you peace of mind – and a reprieve from stress.
- Invest in your health. When it comes to your health, spending money now can save you big bucks in the future. Gym memberships, yoga classes and healthy food can be pricey, but theyll lower your chances of having to shell out for expensive medical procedures down the road. The same can be said for taking vacations (to keep your stress levels in check) and regular doctors visits.
- Make extra mortgage payments. Own a house, apartment or condo? Try adding an additional $50-$100 to your monthly mortgage payments. The more payments you make in a shorter period of time, the less youll end up paying in the long run – and the faster you’ll get rid of your mortgage.
- Do your shopping online. Not only does online shopping save you some serious gas money, its the quickest and easiest way to comparison shop for virtually anything – personal electronics, clothing, real estate, even groceries. And between all of the coupon codes, free shipping options, and online sales going on at any given time, you should rarely (if ever) have to pay full price for anything.
- Keep up with your insurance. If it takes you a minute to remember when you bought your life insurance policy, theres a good chance that your coverage needs may have changed since then. The same goes for your automobile and homeowners insurance. A quick call to SelectQuote can confirm that youre getting the right amount of coverage at your best price. For more information, contact SelectQuote Life at 1-800-679-4418 or SelectQuote Auto & Home at 1-888-236-8444.